Key Drop Deliveries
Some foodservice operations receive food after-hours when they are closed for business. This is often referred to as a key drop delivery. The supplier is given a key or other access to the operation to make the delivery. Products are placed in coolers, freezers, and dry storage areas. The delivery must be inspected once you arrive at the operation and meet the criteria on the right.
Key Drop Deliveries must...
- Be inspected upon arrival at the operation
- Be from an approved source
- Have been placed in the correct storage location to maintain the required temperature
- Have been protected from contamination in storage
- Is not contaminated
- Is honestly presented (label information matches the product)