5 Step Cleaning Process
Learn the 5 step cleaning & sanitizing process.
1. Pre-scrape or remove food from the surfaces. Use the correct cleaning tool such as a nylon brush or pad, or a cloth towel.
2. Wash surfaces. Prepare the cleaning solution with an approved detergent and hot water. Wash the surface with a clean cloth towel soaked in solution.
3. Rinse the surface. Use clean water.
4. Sanitize the surface. Use the correct sanitizing solution. Prepare the concentration per manufacturer requirements. Use a clean cloth only used for sanitizing. Make sure the entire surface has come in contact with the sanitizing solution. Usually the minimum time is 30 seconds.
5. Air-dry everything. Avoid drying with a cloth.
- Remove food residue
- Wash surfaces
- Rinse surfaces