Welcome, current and future office workers, to the lesson about office on-boarding for discussing promotion!
Before AllSumJob was AllSumJobs, we made on-boarding and ESL courses for users new to the United States workforce. For many of our users today, this work might be a little too obvious or straightforward but, for those who need it, this serves as an essential service to get workers acquainted with our workplace culture. Learning office on-boarding, such as discussing promotion in office, gives people more chances to get what they want.
The lessons include…
- Promotion Rejected – Skits about the boss rejecting your promotion for various reasons, including timing and performance.
- Prep for Promotion – Skits, and advice about discussing promotion, such as how to discuss weekly evaluations and paying attention to what you wear.
- Prep for Promotion 2 – Skits and advice about seeking promotion, including networking online and getting creative about compensation.
- Promotion Rejected 2 – Continuation of skits involving your boss rejecting your promotion, including negotiation timing and avoiding threats.
- What to Say to Your Boss – We conclude this course with career advice on how to deal with your boss, like providing ideas and gracefully answering questions.
These skits cover basic conversations, and you’re welcome to use these examples to guide your own English practice. Feel free to adjust the conversations however you like, and if you come up with a great skit of your own, feel free to share!
If you want to learn more about office on-boarding, feel free to check out our lessons.