Welcome, current and future managers!
Before AllSumJob was AllSumJobs, we made on-boarding and ESL courses for users new to the United States workforce. For many of our users today, this work might be a little too obvious or straightforward but, for those who need it, this serves an essential service to get workers acquainted with our workplace culture. In other words, if you need to learn more about how Americans converse in management positions, this is the course for you.
The lessons include…
- Managing Workplace Arrogance – We start with conversations punishing arrogant employees and supporting a positive workplace environment.
- Tricks to Firing Employees – Breaking from our skits, we provide advice on how to best handle employee termination; that is, how to fire employees gracefully.
- Motivating Employees – This includes skits on how to motivate coworkers and employees, emphasizing good leadership.
- Handling Promotions – This has skits regarding promotions, especially when you need to offer alternatives given budgetary constraints.
- Handling Promotions 2 – These skits continue on promotions, emphasizing ways to reject promotions and providing reasons.
These skits cover basic conversations, and you’re welcome to use these examples to guide your own English practice. Feel free to adjust the conversations however you like, and if you come up with a great skit of your own, feel free to share!