General Introduction to Influencer Marketing
So you’ve decided to become an influencer. Now what?
Do you even know what an influencer does to make a living?
We hate to say it, but it’s a lot more than just putting on a show and collecting a paycheck from Google after hundreds of adoring fans flock to your channel. Influencing is hard work— and many, if not all major influencers, have editing staff and writers to make things more addictive. It’s really not that different from TV and movie production, in that sense: you either succeed and live multiple seasons of content, or you get canceled.
However, unlike TV and movies, pay is contingent upon viewership and while you can’t get canceled in the traditional sense, you can certainly lose a following or get banned. There is a lot more volatility in influencer marketing, so you need to bring your marketing A-Game. On the upside, the field is a lot more open than traditional forms of media, so you can become famous with the right type of exposure.
This first lesson is all about what it takes to be an influencer. You need to know how they get paid, how they build a channel, and the basics of content building. Topics include:
- Definition of an Influencer. What is an influencer, and what is not?
- Building Revenue. How do influencers make money?
- Career Path to Influencer. How do you make it into a career?
- Identifying You and Your Channel. How do you stand apart from others?
- Steps to Casting. Some basics on casting, the method of making content.
- Set the Theme. Choosing a theme and audience for your content.
- Scripting. Basics on scripting your content.
- Relating to Brand. How to stay “on-brand” with your content.
- Useful Tools. Some basic tools you may want to get familiar with.
We also include a helpful little workshop to help you brainstorm what sets your brand apart!