- There are a total of 80 questions on the CFPM examination.
- Candidates must complete the exam within 2 hours unless they have Prometric-approved testing accommodations. If your candidate requires testing accommodation, please have them complete the accommodations request packet.
- For all states except for South Dakota, a student must receive a minimum score of 70% in order to achieve certification. For candidates wishing to work as a food manager in South Dakota, a minimum score of 75% is needed to achieve certification.
Fees and Certificate
- Taking either a paper and pencil version or an Internet-based test in a proctored environment costs $28. If the exam is taken in a Prometric testing center the cost is $48. For paper and pencil and proctored Internet-based exams, candidates need to register through their training organization, local health department or a training company with certified Prometric proctors.
- When taking the exam at a testing center or in an Internet-based testing environment, the candidate will receive the results (score report) immediately upon completion. The license (wall certificate) and wallet card will be mailed within 10 days.
- If the exams are delivered by paper and pencil they must be shipped for scoring which will take longer. The license (wall certificate) and wallet card will be shipped within five business days from the time Prometric receives the exams from the proctor.